Plan to repurpose an abandoned historic fieldhouse into a collaborative teaching and learning center
Tipton was retained to develop a master plan for the redevelopment of the historic fieldhouse originally completed in 1932. The program goal is to raise funds for a complete renovation and addition to the fieldhouse which will incorporate individual units of the College of Human Sciences and Education, separated throughout the University into a collaborative unit. The renovation will provide a modern and efficient teaching and learning center, while celebrating and restoring the historic value of the building. The master plan was completed February 2013, and fundraising efforts are currently underway.