Tipton Associates is now Hiring!
Marketing/Business Development Coordinator
September 29, 2017 - Firm News
Tipton Associates is a 30+ member interdisciplinary team of Architects, Interior Designers, Landscape Architects, and Campus/Urban Planners. From our office in Baton Rouge, LA, we have completed projects in 30 states around the country with a regional focus on projects in education, wellness, civic, campus dining and master planning.
The Marketing/Business Development Coordinator reports to the Managing Principle and is primarily responsible for the writing, preparation and delivery of proposals (RFP/RFQ, SF 330 etc.). He/she is also responsible for the management and production of various other client development projects including, but not limited to: writing and design of marketing collateral; award submittals; special events and community outreach; internal business and leadership communications. To maintain the Tipton ACT! database or current database system and provide a continuous up -to-date pipeline of information for upcoming projects and client relationships. Engage the leadership and encourage the team to make new contacts and actively engage and participate in the marketing of Tipton Associates, APAC. Another important aspect of the position is coordinating social media posts through various outlets (Facebook, LinkedIn) and maintaining the company website.
The Marketing/Business Development Coordinator will work in a team environment with other leadership staff to meet the overall marketing needs of the firm. The Marketing/Business Development Coordinator is responsible for meeting his/her deadlines, managing their resources and must pay close attention to detail to ensure the highest level of quality in their work.
- 3-5 years of experience in proposal preparation
- College degree in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, business or equivalent work experience
- Experience in Architectural / Engineering / Construction Industry preferred
- Must have strong proposal writing, communication and graphic layout skills
- Must have working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (most importantly InDesign or equivalent page-layout program, MS PowerPoint and MS Word)
- Must be team-oriented and able to work with both technical (architecture) and non-technical (administrative) professionals
- Ability to handle job stress, deadlines and interface effectively with others in the workplace is an essential function of the job
Desired Personality Traits:
- Detail-oriented, methodical, meticulous, process-oriented; however, open to change and motivated by innovation
- Customer-service minded
- Great collaborator and communicator – excellent verbal and written skills are important accustomed to working in cross-departmental teams
- Ambitious self-starter with get-it-done attitude who strives for results and performs well under pressure
- High level of energy (willing to inspire others)
- Good sense of humor
- Good networking; enjoy engaging community through various community organizations on behalf of Tipton Associates
Tipton Associates is a Baton Rouge based architecture, interiors, and planning firm with a 130-year history of enhancing the quality of life for both individuals and communities through its emphasis on excellent design.
Our mission is:
- To enhance quality of life
- To foster community
- To link past and present
- To form foundations for the future
- To inspire others By Design
- Collaboration: inclusion, engagement
- Attention & Intention
- Advancement: improvement & innovation
Team is at the core of everything we do at Tipton Associates.
Tipton Associates, APAC is an EOE.
How to apply:
Send Cover Letter, Resume and Salary requirements to email@example.com
In subject line include: Attn: MBDC